Thursday, October 8, 2009

33: Conservapedia

Leviticus 5-7
The excitement in this book is hovering somewhere between watching grass grow and watching the continents shift.

The bible describes in detail how to slaughter animals again about five more times. There is more arbitrary, useless (unless you're a practicing Jew I guess) information about the types of offering you should give God. Wild animals are now off limits for eating, and fat and blood are still off limits as well. Is it very necessary to reiterate everything five times?

It says at the end of Leviticus 7 that this is the end of the regulations, hooray!

*****

Since I didn't write much today I figured I'd throw in some random bible news. The bible that I'm reading apparently has "liberal bias". So the great people at conservapedia have decided to translate the bible how they think it should be written. This would include removing the "Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing" quote from Jesus. This means I can translate the bible how ever I want too, right?

If you want to see their project (it's really worse than I've described) and/or make Stephen Colbert a biblical figure go here.

1 comment:

  1. Ahahaha! Thats funny cause they have been re-writting and re-translating the bible to mean what they want it to mean since its creation!

    Thus why I really find it hard to respect someone who claims to live by it and accept what it says as an ultimate truth.

    ReplyDelete

 

Copyright © 2009, Page Info, Contact Me