Sunday, January 3, 2010

120: Kinda Like Reading a Dictionary

1 Chronicles 1-2
Attai was the father of Nathan,
Nathan the father of Zabad,
Zabad the father of Ephlal,
Ephlal the father of Obed,
Obed the father of Jehu,
Jehu the father of Azariah,
Azariah the father of Helez,
Helez the father of Eleasah,
Eleasah the father of Sismai,
Sismai the father of Shallum,
Shallum the father of Jekamiah,
and Jekamiah the father of Elishama. - 1 Chronicles 2:36-41

That quote is but a small sample of what this entire section is like. This is not just a chronology, but it is talking about things the bible has already told us. So anything that even has the potential of being interesting (which is really nothing in this section) is something I've already talked about.

It's like Deuteronomy all over again. I guess I'll try to find interesting news, because I really don't have anything to say about this section.

*News*
What's going to happen to your beloved pet after the rapture? A group of confirmed atheists will guarantee (for a small price) that your pet is cared for after your departure.

What? You think this is a scam? Blasphemy! The rapture is going to happen, and it's going to happen soon. Do you hate your animals? You also won't need money after the rapture, so you can begin donating to me now (to avoid taxes).

(via Eternal Earth-Bound Pets)

p.s. I realize this is old news... I'll do better when I'm back in school and I can procrastinate my school work by looking for awesome news stories.

1 comment:

  1. Good grief, you're all the way in 1 Chronicles now. You've made it farther into the Old Testament than all my evangelical friends have.

    Considering that I was a Bible-thumper until a year or two ago, I have to commend you for being so dedicated in reading the darn book. (I read select books in the OT, but all of the NT.) At the same time, that's gotta be so painful for you. When I go back and read the OT, I get really angry that I actually believed the stuff -- it's so inane. >__<

    ReplyDelete

 

Copyright © 2009, Page Info, Contact Me