Sunday, February 7, 2010

155: God Doesn't Read You Your Miranda Rights

Job 11-13
Will you show him partiality?
Will you argue the case for God?
Would it turn out well if he examined you?
Could you deceive him as you might deceive men? - Job 13:8-9

Pretty much more of the same today. Job's friends giving terrible reasons why God shouldn't be hated right now. Using the same arguments people use today. "Can you fathom the mysteries of God? Can you probe the limits of the Almighty?" Is that something like God works in mysterious ways?

Job continues to ask God to tell him his crimes (he didn't commit any crimes). He also says that his friends are giving God unfair partiality just because he's God. I think the bible is strengthening my atheisty arguments. Thanks bible!

*News*
Well, as most of you know, today is Super Bowl day, and my home team the Colts are playing. So I have some major pre-game watching to do. But don't fret, I found a relevant video today (this is probably the reason I know about Job).

1 comment:

  1. "Then I was right. Job has all his children killed, and Michael Bay gets to keep making movies. There isn't a god."

    Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete

 

Copyright © 2009, Page Info, Contact Me