Monday, March 8, 2010

184: God Wrote Notes on His Hand Too

Psalm 103-105
Praise the LORD, O my soul - Psalm 103:1 & Psalm 104:1

Psalm 103 (David): God is great, and compassionate, and wonderful. But of course, we probably only have to wait a few chapters for David to start whining about how God hates him again.

Psalm 104 (Anonymous): This Psalm starts and ends the exact same way David's Psalm started and ended with "Praise the Lord, O my soul", either someone is plagiarizing or David forgot to write his name at the top of the scroll. In this chapter, God bathes himself in light, as opposed to yesterday when he was surrounded by darkness. So which is it? Is God surrounded by darkness or light? I actually find this chapter pretty interesting, this anonymous writer (looks like David to me) lists all the things that "God does". Among these things are making grass grow, making the sun go down, making it rain on mountains. But of course, we now know God doesn't do any of these things, they all have perfectly wonderful scientific explanations. Science: 3, God: 0.

Psalm 105 (Anonymous): This is yet another biblical recap. I wonder if these anonymous (anonymouses? anonymi?) know that this stuff is already written down. No need to summarize over and over again. I wish I had more to say, but he just summarizes the journey of Israel to the promised land.

*News*
I'm sure you've all heard about Sarah Palin's palm-notes fiasco. What you may not have heard about is her excuse for doing it (which she admittedly thought up after the fact).


Energy, Budget Cuts, Lift American Spirits

Why? Because God did it! Of course, why didn't I think of that?

She came out today saying this:
I didn't [at the time] have a good answer to that criticism because I thought it was so ridiculous
Wait, you're not supposed to tell us that you just made up and excuse. You're starting out by undermining what you're about to say. Why are you in politics again?

Anyway, go on (with the excuse you just made up):
If it was good enough for God, scribbling on the palm of his hand, it's good enough for me
If you just said "what the fuck" out loud to your screen, you're in good company. The passage she is referring to is this:
See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls are ever before me. - Isaiah 49:16
Good one Sarah, how many servants did you have scouring the bible to find that vague quote? Of course, if God does it, we know we should do it. I guess it's genocide time (reason #95,834 that Sarah Palin should not be President).

(via New York Daily News)

1 comment:

  1. Bryan,

    That is a very lame reason given by Sarah Palin. As a Christian myself, I hope she is not president for a variety of reasons.

    ReplyDelete

 

Copyright © 2009, Page Info, Contact Me