I was pushed back and about to fall, but the LORD helped me. - Psalm 118:13
All the psalms today are anonymous.
Psalm 115: All the other gods are false. I don't know how you determine which God is the right one, but this guy has figured it out.
Psalm 116: This person says that God answered his prayers. He conveniently doesn't mention how God did this, or what we should ask God for to get him to do it for us. I guess we just have to take his word for it.
Psalm 117: I think this is probably going to win the shortest Psalm contest:
Praise the Lord, all you nations;I'll let you interpret that one. I think all the other Psalms could be condensed to about this size too.
extol him, all you peoples.
For great is his love toward us,
and the faithfulness of the Lord endures forever.
Praise the Lord.
Psalm 118: Again, God did something great to save this guy from his enemies, but we don't get to hear about it. You'd think with the length of the bible people would be able to go into some detail. No, they just constantly repeat what everyone else has said. Maybe my next project will be to condense the bible into 50 pages (I'm fairly confident it could be done without any loss of data).
Well, the Christian Post is pissed off again. That's not surprising. What is surprising is who they're pissed off at. Glenn Beck.
Glenn Beck recently urged anyone who is in a church that encourages "social justice", to leave their church. He equated social justice with Nazism and Communism (like he does with everything he doesn't like). Needless to say, churches that equate social justice with helping the poor aren't too pleased with Glenn Beck. Social justice seems to have an unfortunate (for Glenn Beck) definition:
* Freedom of thought;Yeah, if your church believes that shit, get out of there quick. You wouldn't want to be accused of being a nice person.
* Liberty of conscience as it affects social relationships on the grounds of religion, philosophy, and morality;
* Political liberties (e.g. representative democratic institutions, freedom of speech and the press, and freedom of assembly);
* Freedom of association;
* Freedoms necessary for the liberty and integrity of the person (viz: freedom from slavery, freedom of movement and a reasonable degree of freedom to choose one's occupation); and
* Rights and liberties covered by the rule of law.
Congratulations Glenn Beck, you now have another group of people that's not taking you seriously.
(via The Christian Post)